Saturday, January 24, 2015

spectre

So I'm crawling out of the woodworks from my over zealous December promise of 4 posts a month with this meagre outfit. I worked every day of the Christmas holidays bar Christmas day, boxing day, new years day, and one Sunday I visited family on the Isle of White, leaving next to no chance for blogging. Now I'm back at school I'm putting it into my planner to ensure I have a set day every week I write/do something here. I have a feeling it might last a little longer because I am definitely guilty of talking myself out of it if I don't feel any urgency/hold myself to deadlines.


You may or may not notice this looks a bit different - I was lucky enough to get a lens (Canon 50mm 1.4) for Christmas and it has been fun trying to use it. It is also extremely fun for my mum to try to get to grips with shallow depth of field (half of the photos from this day were very out of focus and a few of the ones here are a bit iffy).




Coat - Asos
Scarf - Asos
Top - Christmas present but GAP
Shoes - Topshop but they creak loudly with every step so I don't recommend
Skirt - Asos
Necklace - Christmas present but Urban Outfitters
Bag - Xmas 2013 present but charity shop

Seeing these photos has made me realise how desperately I need my roots done so I'll be getting around to doing that soon. 


Downside of a better lens = annoying specks of whatever are actually picked up (and I'm not skilled enough to photoshop them out).




I wore this to London last Sunday where I met Ellie and Ophelia - I've met them a few times before but we initially found each other through blogging. Ellie and I got Pret lunch and Ophelia got Wasabi when she found us. Then we went to to the National Portrait Gallery to look at the Grayson Perry exhnition. All the photos that I would otherwise also put here are either on film or are/were on my phone that sadly got stolen when we were sat in Ed's diner. 

Thank you for reading!

Hollie

19 comments:

  1. it sucks that your phone got stolen :( hopefully Ellie and Ophelia post them somewhere?
    And I get what you mean about having to adjust to a new camera, or even just a new lens can really change the quality of your photos (and test your patience!)

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. shit! Sorry someone stole your phone! Your scarf is amazing btw

    Aida

    http://sunshinesuperwoman.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the skirt! & you can really tell your using a new lens! really nice pictures!

    rosalindis.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your style! It's so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with your outfit! this is so great x

    Claire
    www.augustlikethemonth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the outfit (as I'm sure I mentioned) and yeah so sad about the phone!!! praying for house insurance to be helpful <3 Was so lovely to see you, and yeah there are a few phone pictures up on mine atm but the film ones will hopefully follow soon <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your outfit as always! 😍

    Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh woah I love that skirt! Such a cute look <3

    The Quirky Queer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely outfit! I'm so sorry about the phone. That really sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your outfit! You look very pretty :)

    Maria

    http://immariav.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blog so much xxx
    http://mtvgenerati0n.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love layering!

    evie-dylan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. This outfit is really beautiful ! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to thank the blogger very much not only for this post but also for his all previous efforts. ...
    __________________________
    Scarlett Johansson HD Wallpaper 2015

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful Pictures...like your Blog very much....

    HD Wallpapers

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for sharing this.
    ___________
    tattoo thoughts

    ReplyDelete